Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Spirited Fruit Cocktail
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is what I call a true fruit cocktail 'cause it gets its zing from the liquor that we put in it. Made as directed, it's for adults only. But if you'd rather make it without alcohol, you can. (See my recipe note.) Either way, why not serve it in stemmed cocktail glasses?
What You'll Need
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup triple sec or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 tablespoons light or dark rum
- 2 tablespoons sugar
What to Do
- In a large bowl, toss together the cantaloupe, pineapple, strawberries, grapes, and almonds.
- In a small bowl, combine the triple sec, rum, and sugar; pour over the fruit and toss until well coated. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
If you prefer to make this without alcohol, just substitute 1/2 cup of orange juice for the triple sec and rum.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe comes straight to you from a galaxy far, far away, as we celebrate Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you head that way and explore the vast Star Wars galaxy, you might find yourself in Docking Bay 7 to fuel up. That's where we got the inspiration for our version of this Braised Shaak Roast. This hearty beef recipe teams up with cavatelli pasta and lots of veggies, for a flavor-packed combo that makes this hearty and comforting recipe something worth bringing home.