Mandarin Orange and Avocado Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Watching what you're eating? Here's a healthy, colorful salad that will be your #1 go-to.
What You'll Need
- 1 medium head Bibb or Boston lettuce, torn
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, chilled and drained
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced (see note)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
What to Do
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a salad bowl. Add Italian dressing just before serving, and toss gently.
To check the ripeness of an avocado, try to flick the small stem off. If it comes off easily and you can see green underneath, then the avocado is ripe and ready. Rush the ripening of a firm avocado by placing it in a paper bag at room temperature overnight.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?