How To Cook Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Rice is a popular side dish option that goes well with just about anything, including beef, chicken, pork, and vegetables. It's a versatile side dish that can be made even more versatile by adding different seasonings and mix-ins, like butter, chicken broth, wine, veggies, and more. If you love rice, but have trouble cooking rice, then you're in luck! We're here to teach you the secret to making perfect rice. Pretty soon, you'll be serving it as an option at all your dinner gatherings!
Check out our video and tips on how to cook rice. Once you learn how easy it is, in no time at all, you'll be sayin', "OOH, IT'S SO GOOD!!®"
- Find a large enough pot. Rice triples in size when it cooks, so make sure you cook your rice in a pot that has plenty of room.
- Pour cold water into pot, along with rice and desired amount of salt. You can also use chicken broth, wine, or any other liquid you choose. Just make sure the overall liquid is equal to the right amount for your rice.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for the amount of time needed to cook your rice. Make sure not to remove the cover while the rice is cooking, since the steam that builds up inside is what cooks the rice.
- Remove from heat and let it sit covered for 10 minutes before serving. You can also cook rice using a rice cooker. All you do is put in your rice and water into the rice cooker, set the tab to "cook" and the rice cooker will turn off when it's done!
You can also cook rice using a rice cooker. All you do is put in your rice and water into the rice cooker, set the tab to "cook" and the rice cooker will turn off when it's done!
Check out these easy and tasty rice dishes!:
Add a little crunch to your meal in an unexpected way with our recipe for Peanutty Rice. You'll be surprised to find out how appealing the combination of peanuts and rice really is!
Southwestern Layered Rice is a casserole that's as crunchy as it is creamy. Try out this dish on your family. They're sure to love it!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
French toast typically means sticky hands and mouths (and lots of napkins!), but with our recipe for Maple French Toast Sticks you don't have to worry about that 'cause the flavorings and the rich maple syrup are already cooked in!
- How To: Cook Bacon in the Microwave
- How to Make Mashed Potatoes
- How to Make Spaghetti Squash
- How to Make Frosting
- How to Make Hard-Boiled Eggs
- How To Cream Butter and Sugar
- How to Thaw a Turkey
- How to Keep Apples from Turning Brown and Apple Storage Tips
- How to Peel an Egg
- How To: Bread Chicken Cutlets