Chicken a la King in a Hurry
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fancy-shmancy just got easy-"pea"sy with our recipe for Chicken a la King in a Hurry! This comforting dinner recipe is said to have been created for a King, who loved it so much he put it on his hotel menu the very next day. Now your whole gang can enjoy having it on their menu!
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chunked cooked chicken (about 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter; saute mushrooms 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Add soup, milk, salt, pepper, and chicken; mix well and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until hot.
- Stir in peas and pimientos and continue cooking 5 to 7 minutes, or until warmed through.
Serve over warm cooked egg noodles or buttermilk biscuits. Wanna make your own biscuits? Try our easy recipe!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!