Fresh Corn Cakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Garden-fresh corn on the cob is the key to making these awesome Fresh Corn Cakes. Whether you serve these as is for a novel veggie side dish, or drizzled with a bit of honey for brunch, you can't go wrong.
What You'll Need
- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob (about 2-1/2 cups), divided (see Note)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow or white cornmeal
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
What to Do
- In a food processor, combine 1-3/4 cups corn kernels, the eggs, milk, and butter; process 3 to 4 times, or just until corn is coarsely chopped.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, mozzarella cheese, chives, sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper; stir in remaining corn kernels and the chopped corn mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray. Over high heat, pour 1/8 cup batter per corn cake onto griddle. (Do not spread or flatten cakes.) Cook cakes in batches 3 to 4 minutes, or until edges begin to brown. Turn and cook on other side 2 to 3 more minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
- To remove corn from the cob, cut wide end so it stands up, then using a sharp knife or corn stripper, cut off the kernels.
- Looking for more fantastic recipes for spring? Be sure to check out our free recipe collection, Spring Veggie Fever: 25 Mouthwatering Spring Vegetable Recipes.
- Plus, if you loved this corn recipe, be sure to check out our recipe for Country Corn Casserole!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Back-to-School Cookies make the perfect lunchbox treat or after-school snack. These easy-to-make cookies start out from a box of cake mix and get their extra-crunchiness from graham crackers and their chocolaty-sweetness from lots of chocolate chips. Kids of all ages will love them!