Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Leftover Storage Tips
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The Mr. Food Test Kitchen shares their own food safety and refrigerator leftover storage tips! This easy-to-read chart ensures your own holiday leftovers will be wrapped and put away to be safely enjoyed a second time.
What to Do
- No food should be allowed to sit out at room temperature for more than two hours (see Note).
- Place food into shallow containers, divvying leftovers into smaller or personal-sized portions, and immediately put in the refrigerator or freezer for rapid cooling.
- Foods must be kept covered in a refrigerator at the proper safe temperature zone of 38 to 40 degrees F.
|PRODUCT||REFRIGERATOR STORAGE TIMES|
|Ham, fully cooked||3 to 4 days|
|Turkey, fully cooked||2 days|
|Cooked meat & meat casseroles||3 to 4 days|
|Gravy & meat broth||1 to 2 days|
|Cooked poultry casseroles||3 to 4 days|
|Poultry pieces, plain||3 to 4 days|
|Poultry pieces in broth or gravy||1 to 2 days|
|Pizza, cooked||3 to 4 days|
|Stuffing, cooked, outside a bird||1 to 2 days|
|Cold-cut trays||3 days|
|Mashed potatoes||1 to 2 days|
|Cranberry sauce||7 days|
|Sweet potatoes, cooked||7 days|
|Pumpkin Pie||2 to 3 days|
|Eggnog||4 to 5 days after “Sell by” date|
This guide refers to a total of two hours during a food’s lifetime, and doesn’t mean two hours every time you take it out of the refrigerator. And, of course, if you have any doubt about whether or not a food is still fresh and safe to eat: Be safe and throw it out.
For a great way to use leftovers, try our Ham Frittata. It's so yummy, nobody'll know it was made with leftovers!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say hello to Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf recipe! Unlike other meatloaves that are sort of dry and tasteless, this one is super juicy and packed with flavor inside and out. And the combo of the bacon and the glaze makes this truly irresistible.
- How to Make Candy: 12 Easy Chocolate Candy Recipes
- Sizing Up a Serving and a Portion
- How to Freeze a Casserole
- How to Check for Baking Powder and Baking Soda Freshness
- Cake Baking Secrets: Tips & Tricks for Baking Flawless Cakes
- Trade Proof School Lunch Tips
- How to Plan a Perfect Buffet
- Make Ahead Casserole Tips
- Table Setting 101
- Types of Corn and How to Choose Corn