The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Quick Homemade Bread Crumbs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 2 1/2 Cups
- 4 Min
It's easy to impress the gang with bread crumbs made from scratch. You'll never want to buy bread crumbs again!
What You'll Need
- 2 slices stale bread or 1 large stale roll
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Grate the bread in a food processor or blender until the crumbs are fine.
- For seasoned bread crumbs, add the garlic powder, oregano, parsley, and salt to the fine bread crumbs and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Jul 16, 2015
I have not put my bread in a food processor. For about 40 years I tear up all the leftover "heels" into SMALL chunks. Then I store them in an air tight Zip Lock bag. Put them in the freezer and they are ready at a moments notice when I am making meat loaf. This way I can keep adding to the freezer bag as the bread "heels" begin to mount up. I do this same process with chopped onions. Sure cuts down on your time when you are in a hurry to get dinner on the table.
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Warm Bacon Dressing
Mmm! Any salad would love to be dressed with this easy-to-make Warm Bacon Dressing! But don't stop there...it's great over almost any vegetables.
- How to Make Candy: 12 Easy Chocolate Candy Recipes
- How to Make Candied Pecans
- Types of Onions and How to Choose the Right Onion
- How to Bake a Perfect Cheesecake
- Types of Corn and How to Choose Corn
- 20 Tips for Baking Perfect Cookies
- How to Build the Perfect Cheese Board
- Table Setting 101
- How to Plan a Perfect Buffet
- How to Mail & Store Cookies