Roasted Leg of Lamb
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Gather your gang around this savory main dish. Nobody will be disappointed after some satisfying helpings of Roasted Leg of Lamb!
What You'll Need
- 1 (6- to 7-pound) leg of lamb
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups hickory wood chips, soaked in water and drained
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Place a roasting rack in a roasting pan and pour 1 cup water into the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well and rub evenly over the lamb. Place the lamb in the pan, cover with aluminum foil, and roast for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover and roast for 30 more minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-low heat. If using a charcoal grill, place the wood chips on the hot charcoal. If using a gas grill, place the wood chips in a disposable aluminum pan directly on the heat surface (under the grill rack).
- Place the lamb on the grill rack. Cover and grill for 30 minutes, or until browned and a meat thermometer inserted in the center registers 160 degree F. for medium, or to desired doneness. Remove to a cutting board, slice, and serve.
Serving Tip: Serve as is or topped with mint pesto that you make by processing 2 cups mint leaves, 1 cup olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, 1/2 cup walnuts or pine nuts, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a blender or food processor until smooth.
For information about American Lamb, go to www.americanlambboard.org.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Change up your dinner routine with this recipe that's a cross between an ooey-gooey casserole and the best pepperoni pizza you've ever had. It'll only take you about 30 minutes to get these Pepperoni Pie Squares on the dinner table. (Be prepared to be asked for second helpings!)