Stuffed French Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a fun addition to your breakfast repertoire? Not only will your French toast be stuffed...so will you!
What You'll Need
- 16 slices white bread
- 4 ounces (1/2 of an 8-ounce package) cream cheese, softened and divided
- 1/2 cup blueberry jelly, divided
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
What to Do
- Spread 1 teaspoon cream cheese onto each slice of bread then spread 1 teaspoon jelly over cream cheese. Put bread together, making 8 sandwiches.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs and milk, and beat with a fork. On a griddle or in a large skillet, heat 1/4 of the butter over medium heat.
- Dip each sandwich into egg mixture, coating both sides evenly. Place on griddle and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more butter as necessary.
Enjoy this as is or topped with maple or pancake syrup and fresh blueberries.
- We've got even more great stuffed recipes, too, like our Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms: How to Make Stuffed Mushrooms with Sausage.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone will love our fancy-sounding but easy-to-make Broccoli and Ham Quiche, whether you serve it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And since you can combine the ingredients in advance and store them in a plastic storage bag in the freezer until you're ready to thaw and bake it off, it makes an extra easy Easter meal!