Ham and Bean One Pot
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A vegetable trinity of chopped onion, celery, and peppers is the crunchy, tasty start to this hearty Ham and Bean One Pot. If you've got a hungry bunch, this one is sure to stick to their ribs.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper with seeds removed, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked ham
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Navy beans, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas, undrained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add green pepper, onion, and celery, and cook 7 to 9 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the remainig ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 344
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 1.7g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 24g 48 %
- Cholesterol 36mg 12 %
- Sodium 1,843mg 77 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 10g 41 %
- Sugars 1.5g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for that farm-to-table taste during dinnertime? Well with our homemade tomato sauce, you'll get just that. Our Blender Tomato Sauce is as easy as blend, simmer, and enjoy! With fresh ingredients, and nothing but organic spices, this tomato sauce recipe will please everyone's Italian grandma!