Sausage, Peppers, and Mushrooms
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This chunky blend of Italian sausage and veggies does doubly duty as a one-dish meal or as a sandwich filling spooned over French rolls. You're gonna love it 'cause it's easy and versatile!
What You'll Need
- 1 (1-1/4-pound) package Italian sausage links
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium-size green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
What to Do
- Brown sausage in a large heavy skillet; add wine. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink. Uncover, bring to a boil, and reduce wine by two-thirds. Remove sausage, reserving drippings in skillet; set sausage aside, and keep warm.
- Add onion, garlic, green pepper, and mushrooms to skillet; sauté until tender. Return sausage to skillet; add tomato sauce. Simmer 10 minutes or to desired consistency.