Skillet Sausage 'n' Cabbage
For a satisfying winter dinner, whip up this simple but flavorsome sausage and cabbage skillet.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What could be better on a cold winter night than a skillet supper bursting with the hearty flavors of smoked sausage and cabbage? Nothing! And few can beat the ease of our Skillet Sausage 'n' Cabbage.
This cabbage recipe is the perfect fill-you-up one-pot meal option for chilly autumn and winter evenings. Even the pickiest members of your family won't be able to resist this classic.
The hearty combination of cabbage and sausage will keep you warm and satisfied, which is one of the reasons people love cabbage and sausage dinner recipes in the winter. Oh, it's so comforting!
What You'll Need
- 1 (14-ounce) package kielbasa sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 6 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Sausage 'n' Cabbage Skillet Directions:
- In a large skillet that has been coated with cooking spray, saute kielbasa over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Remove to a plate.
- In the same skillet, heat oil until hot; saute onion and bell pepper 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sausage, broth, and remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 5 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 242
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 13g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 3.2g 16 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 18g 37 %
- Cholesterol 53mg 18 %
- Sodium 1,309mg 55 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.2g 25 %
- Sugars 8.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're taking you back to your cafeteria eatin' days with our recipe for Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake. This easy casserole has so much old-fashioned taste, you're gonna be using the biscuits to soak up every last meaty and flavorful bite. Yum!