Pasta and Sausage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We consider Pasta and Sausage the so-called "meat and potatoes" of an Italian kitchen. Lots of peppers, onions and zippy Italian sausage make this a hearty classic recipe that is perfectly at home on top of your favorite pasta.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound Italian-style sausage, casings removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound rotini, twist, or spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion, bell pepper, and garlic over medium heat until no pink remains in sausage, stirring to crumble the sausage. Reduce the heat to low and add tomatoes, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, and chili powder; simmer 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse, and drain again. Place on a large serving platter.
- Pour sauce over pasta and top with mozzarella cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 488
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 4.1g 20 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 25g 50 %
- Cholesterol 48mg 16 %
- Sodium 1,056mg 44 %
- Total Carbohydrates 72g 24 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.0g 28 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It just doesn't get more refreshing than watermelon pops in the summer! Plus, watermelon is a great fruit to help keep you hydrated when the sun is blazing overhead. We like to add a little bit of something extra to our Fruity Watermelon Pops by mixing in chopped berries or fresh mint! Yum!