We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 5 cups sauce
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
Bolognese Sauce is a classic meat sauce that comes from the same place that gave us that other classic: bologna sausage. (And that's no baloney!)
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
What to Do
- In a large pot, brown beef over medium-high heat. Drain off excess liquid and add the carrot, onion, and garlic. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes, allowing flavors to "marry," stirring occasionally.
- Rigatoni Bolognese is an all-time favorite! Maybe it's the way the meat sauce gets trapped inside the rigatoni that makes it so good. Just mix this sauce with about 1-1/2 pounds cooked rigatoni for a meal that'll satisfy the heartiest of appetites.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!