We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 5 cups sauce
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
Bolognese Sauce is a classic meat sauce that comes from the same place that gave us that other classic: bologna sausage. (And that's no baloney!)
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
What to Do
- In a large pot, brown beef over medium-high heat. Drain off excess liquid and add the carrot, onion, and garlic. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes, allowing flavors to "marry," stirring occasionally.
- Rigatoni Bolognese is an all-time favorite! Maybe it's the way the meat sauce gets trapped inside the rigatoni that makes it so good. Just mix this sauce with about 1-1/2 pounds cooked rigatoni for a meal that'll satisfy the heartiest of appetites.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bake up a tried-and-true favorite with our recipe for Homestyle Buttermilk Cake. This cake will remind you of all the times grandma would call you to the table and have a large slice and a glass of milk waiting for you. It's such a classic!