We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Test Kitchen's easy take on this old world classic Polish Hunter's Stew is sure to stick to your ribs on a chilly night. Made in a slow cooker, it can't get any easier than this!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds smoked Polish sausage (like kielbasa), diagonally cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 large cooking apple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 (30-ounce) package fresh sauerkraut, with 2 tablespoons liquid reserved
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
What To Do:
In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, place all ingredients, including reserved sauerkraut liquid, layering in order listed.
Cover and cook on LOW setting 6 to 7 hours.
We'd like to suggest that you top off this hearty meal with our easy and delicious babka...Mmmm!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 591
- Calories from Fat 469
- Total Fat 52g 80 %
- Saturated Fat 19g 94 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 26g 51 %
- Cholesterol 127mg 42 %
- Sodium 1,589mg 66 %
- Total Carbohydrates 3.0g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 0.0 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.