We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Test Kitchen's easy take on this old world classic Polish Hunter's Stew is sure to stick to your ribs on a chilly night. Made in a slow cooker, it can't get any easier than this!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds smoked Polish sausage (like kielbasa), diagonally cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 large cooking apple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 (30-ounce) package fresh sauerkraut, with 2 tablespoons liquid reserved
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
What to Do
In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, place all ingredients, including reserved sauerkraut liquid, layering in order listed.
Cover and cook on LOW setting 6 to 7 hours.
We'd like to suggest that you top off this hearty meal with our easy and delicious babka...Mmmm!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 391
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 5.6g 28 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 34g 67 %
- Cholesterol 103mg 34 %
- Sodium 2,996mg 125 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 10g 41 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This homemade butter recipe is just what you need to bring a little country warmth into the kitchen at breakfast. Our Summer's Best Peach Butter is a sweet and creamy spread that will melt perfectly into warm biscuits. And since it's a slow cooker recipe, you just set it and come home saying "yum".