The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More
Light Tomato Wine Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Here's the "great light way" to enjoy your favorite pasta!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 medium-sized tomatoes, seeded and cut up
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat; sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet, stirring to blend, reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the mixture is heated through (do not overcook).
Makes about 4 cups.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Easy Butter Chicken
If you like meals that are bursting with flavor, then you're going to love this Indian-inspired dish. Our Easy Butter Chicken is going to excite your taste buds. Every bite is full of creamy, comforting goodness. This is a great change-of-pace chicken dinner!