Classic Alfredo Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who would have thought a classic could be this easy with butter, heavy cream, black pepper and Parmesan cheese? Yup - four ingredients, one pan, a few minutes, and we're ready for some really good eatin'! This homemade Alfredo sauce recipe is one you'll be able to whip out at a moment's notice, so you and your family can start eatin' good right away! Soon, you'll be finding excuses to have multiple pasta nights a week.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat and stir in the cream and pepper. Continue stirring 6 to 8 minutes, or until hot.
Stir in the cheese until thoroughly mixed and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently. Serve immediately.
- Toss this with about 1 pound of pasta and top with additional Parmesan cheese. There's a reason Fettuccine Alfredo is a classic, you know - it's the perfect marriage of wide noodles with cream sauce. We can even use spinach-flavored fettuccine to get nice contrast between the green pasta and the white sauce.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
- For more fantastic sauce recipes, check out our collection of Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon custard pie was one of Honest Abe's favorites. His first taste of it came from Nancy Breedlove, the owner of a hotel he frequently stayed at. He loved her lemon custard pie so much, he asked her to share the recipe. Our version may not be exactly the one that's been used at the White House for years since, but it's still amazing!