Farm Style Pasta Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This homemade pasta sauce will only take you ten minutes to whip up, thanks to some convenient shortcuts. Try our Farm Style Pasta Sauce over your favorite pasta to add rich and hearty flavor.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves, coarsely chopped, or 1 heaping tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely broken
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat; add the garlic and saut for about 1 minute, or until light golden.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, olives, basil, salt, and pepper; cook for about 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, chicken broth, and broken tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 217
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 2.4g 12 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.3g 7 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 758mg 32 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.4g 22 %
- Sugars 8.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This homemade butter recipe is just what you need to bring a little country warmth into the kitchen at breakfast. Our Summer's Best Peach Butter is a sweet and creamy spread that will melt perfectly into warm biscuits. And since it's a slow cooker recipe, you just set it and come home saying "yum".