Farm Style Pasta Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This homemade pasta sauce will only take you ten minutes to whip up, thanks to some convenient shortcuts. Try our Farm Style Pasta Sauce over your favorite pasta to add rich and hearty flavor.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves, coarsely chopped, or 1 heaping tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely broken
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat; add the garlic and saut for about 1 minute, or until light golden.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, olives, basil, salt, and pepper; cook for about 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, chicken broth, and broken tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 218
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 2.4g 12 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.3g 7 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 787mg 33 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.5g 18 %
- Sugars 7.8g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Instead of cooking ham or prime rib for Easter, why not try something new this year? Our Herb-Crusted Lamb with Mint Sauce may look and sound fancy, but it's really easy to do. It's basically a rack of lamb that's coated with herbs and spices before it's roasted to perfection. Just before serving, it's finished off with a mint-wine reduction. The end result is an Easter-worthy main dish that'll impress everyone at the table.