We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everybody needs a good, basic marinara sauce recipe. Here's one that we use all the time, 'cause it's so super-easy and super-"real." Our Marinara Sauce is the perfect topping for all of your pastas.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat; add the garlic and saut; until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly to avoid splattering, then add the tomatoes and water and bring to a rapid boil.
- Add the parsley, salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
Makes 4 cups (enough for 1 pound of pasta)
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These are a real Southern specialty; if you've never had the chance to try them, you'd better get ready to eat more than one! These Tangy Pickled Eggs are an old-fashioned Southern recipe that is now easy to make at home! Just a few easy steps and simple ingredients and you'll be making Tangy Pickled Eggs in no time!