We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everybody needs a good, basic marinara sauce recipe. Here's one that we use all the time, 'cause it's so super-easy and super-"real." Our Marinara Sauce is the perfect topping for all of your pastas.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat; add the garlic and saut; until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly to avoid splattering, then add the tomatoes and water and bring to a rapid boil.
- Add the parsley, salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
Makes 4 cups (enough for 1 pound of pasta)
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say hello to Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf recipe! Unlike other meatloaves that are sort of dry and tasteless, this one is super juicy and packed with flavor inside and out. And the combo of the bacon and the glaze makes this truly irresistible.