We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everybody needs a good, basic marinara sauce recipe. Here's one that we use all the time, 'cause it's so super-easy and super-"real." Our Marinara Sauce is the perfect topping for all of your pastas.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat; add the garlic and saut; until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly to avoid splattering, then add the tomatoes and water and bring to a rapid boil.
- Add the parsley, salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
Makes 4 cups (enough for 1 pound of pasta)
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Just because we have our weeknight routines, well, that doesn't mean they have to be boring. Sure, there are a lot of delicious shrimp fried rice recipes out there, but the secret that makes ours stand apart is chilling the rice before we cook it. It makes the fried rice lighter, and it won't get mushy later on. .