Quick Meat Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's one that no pasta lover should be without. It's as good as the old-fashioned sauce that Grandma used to make, but, like the name says, it's quick!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, broken
- 1 pound ground beef, broken up
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained, broken up
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or ½ cup dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 10 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat; sauté the onions and green pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage and ground beef and cook until the meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes more; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Makes 9 cups (enough for 1 to 2 pounds of pasta).
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!