Quick Meat Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's one that no pasta lover should be without. It's as good as the old-fashioned sauce that Grandma used to make, but, like the name says, it's quick!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, broken
- 1 pound ground beef, broken up
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained, broken up
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or ½ cup dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 10 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat; sauté the onions and green pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage and ground beef and cook until the meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes more; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Makes 9 cups (enough for 1 to 2 pounds of pasta).
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you love to make pancakes from scratch, then you'll love our Blueberry Cream Cheese Pancakes! These easy pancakes are going to make breakfast time that much sweeter! The juicy blueberries, and perfectly creamy cream cheese make these pancakes the most decadent breakfast ever served.