Zesty Tomato Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This really gets my mouth watering! And when I get the urge to have it, I can whip it up in no time, 'cause there's no cooking.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
What to Do
- Place the oil, garlic, salt, oregano, basil, sugar, vinegar, hot pepper sauce, and Parmesan cheese in a blender; puree until smooth.
- Pour the puree into a large bowl, then mix in the diced tomatoes and scallion.
- Serve at room temperature.
Makes about 4 cups.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!