Four Cheese Smoked Mac 'n' Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll be blown away by the smoky, cheesy flavors in this Four Cheese Smoked Mac 'n' Cheese. If you've never made macaroni and cheese in a smoker, you're in for a real treat! The smoker adds a hearty, summer flavor to this mac and cheese recipe to make it a whole new flavor experience. Smoked mac 'n' cheese has never been this easy or this delicious! Serve up this creamy smoked mac and cheese for dinner tonight, or bring a piping hot pan along to your next backyard barbecue or potluck -- it'll be the star of the show!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16-ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into large chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) extra sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Parmesan cheese, shredded
What To Do:
- Load the wood tray with one small handful of wood chips and preheat the smoker to 225 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a medium saucepan, melt butter, and whisk flour into the butter. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes until sauce is bubbly and thick. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes until thickened. Stir in cream cheese until mixture is smooth. Add salt and pepper to the mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup Cheddar, 1 cup Gouda cheese, Parmesan cheese, pasta, and cream sauce. Spoon mixture into an 11 x 9-1/2-inch aluminum roasting pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle top with remaining Cheddar cheese and Gouda cheese.
- Place in smoker and cook 1 hours at 225 degrees F, until brown, bubbly, and delicious.
If you just can't get enough macaroni and cheese recipes in your life, then be sure to check out our collection of The Best Macaroni and Cheese Recipes. We bet you'll find a new way to enjoy all that ooey-gooey, cheesiness!
Don't forget to download our FREE eCookbook, The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!