We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll never say, "Hold the anchovies!" again after tasting this.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 (2-ounce) cans anchovies, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree F. Using your fingertips or the heel of your hand, spread the dough to cover the bottom of a 12- to 14-inch pizza pan that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Push the dough up to the edge of the pan, forming a rim. With a fork, prick the dough 15 to 20 times. Brush with the oil.
- Chop 1 can of anchovies and combine with the sauce in the small bowl, then spread evenly over the dough. Sprinkle the cheese and oregano over the top, then arrange the remaining can of whole anchovies evenly over the pizza. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is crisp and brown.
This is a real anchovy lovers' pizza - so if you want just a hint of anchovy flavor, leave out the can that's used in the sauce, but still place a few whole anchovies on top.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 395
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 2.4g 12 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 20g 41 %
- Cholesterol 27mg 9 %
- Sodium 1,612mg 67 %
- Total Carbohydrates 58g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.3g 9 %
- Sugars 5.3g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These tender Fall-off-the-Bone Short Ribs get their flavor from our secret ingredient that's sure to surprise you! Wanna know what it is? A crumbled slice of Pumpernickle bread! This recipe is a hearty, stick-to-your ribs recipe (no pun intended) that is perfect anytime of the year!