Deep Dish Pizza Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a budget friendly, fast, and delicious way to feed the kids now that school is back in session? Our Deep Dish Pizza Casserole is just what you need! This easy deep dish pizza is ready in just 30 minutes, and is sure to please the kids with its cheesy pizza goodness. You'll give the flavors and simplicity of this dish an A+!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup frozen bell peppers and onions, thawed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain off pan drippings. Stir in spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning, and onion and pepper mixture and cook until heated through.
- Meanwhile, unroll pizza dough and press into bottom and halfway up sides of baking dish (see Notes). Line pizza dough with 6 slices of mozzarella cheese. Top with meat mixture. Place remaining 6 slices of cheese over meat filling and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese begins to bubble up. Cool 5 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
Test Kitchen Tips:
- Make sure to push the pizza crust up the sides of your baking dish so the delicious pizza filling will bubble up inside the crispy crust. And if you like your pizza with more toppings, add pepperoni or crumbled, cooked sausage for extra taste!
- Looking for more easy weeknight dinners? Check out our free eCookbook, Easy Weeknight Dinners: 20 Recipes for the Busy Cook, If you're feeling like a little Italian food, we've got you covered. Try our Must-Make Meatball Recipes or our No-Fail Italian Favorites!
- If you enjoyed this Deep Dish Pizza Casserole, be sure to check out our other fabulous pizza recipes. Our Chicago Deep Dish Pizza, After School Pizza Puffs, and Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Sticks are out of this world!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 549
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 30g 46 %
- Saturated Fat 14g 72 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 33g 67 %
- Cholesterol 105mg 35 %
- Sodium 1,100mg 46 %
- Total Carbohydrates 34g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g 10 %
- Sugars 9.1g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You're going to fall in love with this seasonal version of your favorite poke cake. Our Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake is perfect through-and-through. From the spiced cake to the vanilla pudding mix with added pumpkin pie spice, there's nothing but goodness in this easy dessert recipe.