We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether it's game day or just a busy day, our Meatball Calzones are a great choice for both. They're quick to put together, quick to bake, and even quicker to gobble up. And since we like to overstuff our calzones, you can bet everyone will feel full and satisfied!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 1 (14-ounce) package frozen meatballs, (about 18 meatballs)
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, plus extra for dipping
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Divide dough into 2 balls. On a lightly floured surface, spread each dough ball with your fingertips or the heel of your hand to make a 7- to 8-inch circle. Place half the meatballs on each dough circle, forming a semicircle of filling on half of each dough circle and leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge.Evenly distribute mushrooms, spaghetti sauce, and cheese over meatballs. Fold dough over filling, forming half-moons. With your fingers or a fork, pinch edges together firmly to seal.
- Place calzones on baking sheet and brush the top of each with 1 teaspoon oil. Pierce the tops 3 or 4 times with a fork or knife.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until crust is golden. Serve with extra spaghetti sauce on the side.
- Since meatballs vary in size, if the ones you pick up are bigger than a golf ball, cut them in half.
- Our All Star Zucchini is a great go-along for these hearty calzones!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!