The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Amish Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One of our kitchen testers said, "It's a fruity side dish." Another one said, "No, no, it's a dessert!" Well, we think this Dutch recipe could be either, and it goes well with poultry and ham.
What You'll Need
- 13 slices white bread, cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What to Do
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine bread and orange juice and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
In a medium-sized bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add remaining ingredients and mix until creamy. Add to bread mixture; mix well.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish and bake 1 hour, until center is set and puffy. Serve immediately.
This really is best when served right from the oven.