The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Baked Custard Rice Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
Rice isn't only for serving as a side dish or throwing at weddings! It's also a main ingredient in this to-die-for dessert. Our Baked Custard Rice Pudding is a traditional, custard-style pudding that can be served hot or chilled - either way it's so tasty!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat until well combined. Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into casserole dish and bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until top is golden. (Pudding will be loose.) Serve warm, or cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
So many rice puddings to choose from! Once you try our Baked Custard Rice Pudding, here's a collection of other rice puddings to try!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.