The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Irish Lemon Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/2 cup per serving
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
If you're not feeling lucky now, you will once you've tasted our Irish Lemon Pudding. It's the perfect way to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day because it's the Mr. Food Test Kitchen spin on something totally traditional out of the Emerald Isle. The perfect combination of tangy and sweet is sure to make you feel like you've stuck gold in the world of desserts.
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced plus juice from 2 more lemons
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- Confectioners’ sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar well. Add the egg yolks one at a time. Add the flour; mix well. Add the lemon zest and juice, followed by the milk; mix well.
- In another medium bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Gently fold the egg whites into the lemon mixture until completely incorporated. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until very lightly browned and set. Let cool slightly, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve warm with freshly whipped cream if desired.
Check this out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.