Roasted Vegetable Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Every trendy lunch menu features a roasted veggie sandwich. What sets this one apart, besides how economical it is, is the fact that you can make it, wrap it in foil and keep it in the fridge till youre ready to heat and eat it.
What You'll Need:
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium-sized red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, cut into 8 strips
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large roasting pan or on a rimmed baking sheet, combine all the ingredients except the cheese and bread; toss until well combined. Roast the vegetables 35 to 40 minutes, or until tender, turning vegetables occasionally.
- Place open-faced bread on a rimmed baking sheet, top with roasted vegetables, and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Slice and serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tired of serving chicken breasts the same ol' way every time? If so, then you'll love this recipe for Cheesy Baked Chicken. These chicken breasts have a cracker crumb coating made from crushed cheese crackers and sesame seeds, so you can expect lots of crunch and flavor in every bite. Plus, this one is done in just about 30 minutes, which makes it great for busy weeknights!