We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
While you're rooting for your favorite team to score a touchdown, why not enjoy these Touchdown Torpedoes? They're packed with all of your deli favorites and a few special seasonings and ingredients, that make them worthy of celebrating.
What You'll Need
- 1 (12- to 16-ounce) loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli-style ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced turkey breast
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Genoa or hard salami
- 1/4 pound sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush both cut sides of the bread with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle evenly with garlic powder.
- Layer the ham, turkey, salami, cheese, and roasted peppers over one half of the bread. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and cover with other bread half. Brush top of the bread with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through. Slice and serve.
- We suggest using a serrated knife to cut this sandwich, so that it will hold together!
- Some folks call these subs, dagwoods, heroes, or grinders, but no matter what you call 'em everyone can agree that they're hearty and delicious!
- Having a football-watching party? Make a few of these, slice 'em up, and set them on a platter for guests to grab!
- Here's some great game day dessert ideas -- enjoy!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can serve up a restaurant-worthy dinner while sticking to your budget, with this easy recipe for Crazy-Good Rosemary Chicken. These juicy chicken breasts are topped with a flavor-packed sauce made with some onions, a little lemon juice, a splash of wine, and a bit of mustard. The results are amazing!