Tropical Pulled Pork Sliders
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Tropical Pulled Pork Sliders are one of the best pressure cooker recipes you'll ever taste! The pork shoulder cooks up in about a third of the time as it would on the stove top, which gives you more time to enjoy with the family! Once it's tender as can be, and it's shredded, we add some pineapple and barbecue sauce, for a combo of flavors that'll have your taste buds doing the hula. It'll feel like a tropical destination vacation, right at your kitchen table!
What You'll Need
- 1 (2- to 3-pound) boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 (28-ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 10 slider rolls
What to Do
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper on both sides. Place metal rack or foil collar (see Tip) in a 6-quart or larger pressure cooker or Instapot; add water. Place pork on rack.
- Securely lock lid and over high heat, bring to full pressure; reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure for 75 minutes. Remove from heat and allow pressure to drop naturally. When pressure allows the safety lock to release, open carefully as it will be very hot.
- Remove pork to a cutting board and shred with 2 forks. Discard liquid from pressure cooker. Add barbecue sauce, pineapple (juice and all), and shredded meat to pressure cooker. Mix well and over medium heat, simmer 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve on slider rolls.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Making a foil collar is super easy! All you have to do is cut an 18-inch piece of tin foil, bunch it up like a rope, and create a circle the size you need. That's all there is to it!
- Need more pressure cooker recipes to fill your menu? Then you have to try our hearty Quick Beef Stew, and our 15-Minute Chicken Cacciatore is perfect for those busy weeknights! Remember to try our BBQ Raspberry-Glazed Ribs--yes, they're made in a pressure cooker!
- We've got all the slider recipes you'll ever need! Like these yummy Italian Sliders, our oh-so-good Pulled Brisket Sliders, and these fan-favorite Topless Reuben Sliders!
- Keep the Hawaiian theme going with our Crazy Good Pineapple Sheet Cake or this super moist Hawaiian Poke Cake!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 398
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 4.8g 24 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 20g 40 %
- Cholesterol 72mg 24 %
- Sodium 1,063mg 44 %
- Total Carbohydrates 48g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 29g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Sparks will surely fly at your table when you serve up our zesty-tasting Firecracker Barbecued Pork! We made this with a special-tasting glaze that combines the sweetness of barbecue sauce and marmalade, along with a kick of hot pepper sauce and horseradish, for an explosion of flavor in your mouth! This is one recipe we guarantee will have you saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"