Crab Potato Cakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Get the taste of crab cakes without the hefty price tag! This recipe uses imitation crabmeat and frozen shredded hash brown potatoes to create a crab potato cake that'll become a regular on your dinner, lunch and brunch menus!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the oil; mix well then form into 12 patties.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil just until hot (not smoking) over medium heat. Add the patties and pan-fry for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until golden.
If you want to get more of the taste and texture of authentic crab cakes without breaking the bank, you can shred a small can of real crabmeat and mix it in, too! And if you like yours the traditional way with a little "heat," go ahead and add a few shakes of hot pepper sauce before forming the patties.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 125
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 0.9g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.4g 11 %
- Cholesterol 39mg 13 %
- Sodium 509mg 21 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 3.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for a no-bake homemade dessert that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer weather months? Then have to try our Blueberry-Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches! Not only will this fresh-tasting dessert keep your kitchen cool, but it's got some supermarket-shortcuts to make it less hassle too!