Flash Fried Oysters
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Raw oysters on the half shell are popular, but these days, to play it safe, we prefer to eat our oysters cooked, and flash-frying them really highlights their flavor. We also recommend adding a dollop of spicy cocktail sauce and squeeze a bit of lemon juice to each one just before popping it into your mouth. Mmm mmm!
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (8-ounce) packages shucked fresh oysters, rinsed and drained
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine egg, water, salt, and pepper; mix well. In another shallow dish, combine flour and ground red pepper; mix well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dip oysters in egg mixture then in flour mixture, coating completely.
- Add to skillet and cook in batches 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for a twist on boring old salads? Our South-of-the-Border BBQ Chicken Salad is going to be a flavor loaded way to chow down on something light. This BBQ chicken salad recipe is simple, fast, and insanely delicious. One bit and you'll know what we mean!