Gulf of Mexico Shrimp Scampi
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
On the weekend after Easter, the people of Galveston, Texas, celebrate the blessing of the shrimp fleet by holding a giant seafood festival. There's usually every kind of cooked shrimp dish imaginable, including this fresh-tasting one.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- Rinse and drain the shrimp well.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over low heat. Add the shrimp, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper. Increase the heat to medium and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink and firm, stirring occasionally. Add the lime juice and parsley, tossing to coat, then remove from the heat and serve.
This is great served over almost any kind of pasta or rice.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take the stress out of dinnertime by preparing our easy Weeknight Pesto Chicken! This simple chicken dinner recipe is made with some pretty basic ingredients, but packs in a whole lot of flavor. The best part is that it looks like something that took hours to make (We won't tell if you don't!).