Firehouse Pot Roast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We visited a local firehouse to find out what one of their favorite dishes is and came out with a chuck roast recipe that's so good, your whole gang is going to be fired up! Our Firehouse Pot Roast is slow-cooked and topped with an unforgettably good, homemade barbecue sauce that'll leave you smiling all dinner long.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (3-1/2- to 4-1/2-pound) chuck roast
- 2 large onions, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup water
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a Dutch oven over high heat, heat oil; brown chuck roast on both sides. Place onions on top and around roast.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Mix well, pour over roast, and cover.
- Roast 3 to 3-1/2 hours, or until beef is fork-tender.
- Remove roast to a cutting board, cut into chunks, and serve topped with sauce.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and baby carrots.
- No Dutch oven? No worries! Just use a 9- x 13-inch baking dish instead.
- And let's not leave any of that delicious BBQ sauce behind--mashed potatoes, anyone?
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 627
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 22g 33 %
- Saturated Fat 8.1g 41 %
- Trans Fat 0.9g 0 %
- Protein 408g 815 %
- Cholesterol 215mg 72 %
- Sodium 1,217mg 51 %
- Total Carbohydrates 36g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 7 %
- Sugars 24g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You may be serving pasta as the main dish, but when you serve our recipe for Crispy Sesame Artichokes on the side, you're going to have yourself a main attraction. These tender-cooked artichoke hearts are crispy-coated and full of flavor. Plus, they taste even better when dipped into our creamy lemon sauce!