Thai Shrimp Stir-Fry
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You can bet that there's a whole lot of flavor in this one! Our recipe for Thai Shrimp Stir-Fry is just what you need to change up your usual dinner routine. It even features a nice crunch from a surprising ingredient - watermelon rind! We know you're going to love this one.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup julienned watermelon rind (see Note)
- 1 onion, cut in half, then cut into 1/2 moon slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in half then cut into 1/2 moon slices
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails removed
- 1/4 cup Thai chili sauce
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add carrots, watermelon rind, onion, and yellow pepper; saute 6 to 8 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Add shrimp to skillet and saute just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in Thai chili sauce, cook until warmed through, and serve.
- We like to serve this flavorful dish over some warm white rice.
- The watermelon rind is the white portion of the fruit, and it's totally edible. It's great for everything from pickling to using in soups. It has a pretty mild flavor with a crisp texture, which is why we love it in dishes like this one.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 197
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 1.8g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 13g 26 %
- Cholesterol 107mg 36 %
- Sodium 649mg 27 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g 8 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %