Creamy Lemon Pepper Turkey Breast over Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 2 Hr
Consider this incredibly moist turkey breast for your next holiday meal. It'll free up your oven for making more goodies, such as homemade pie!
What You'll Need
- 1 (5-pound) bone-in turkey breast, cut in half (see Note)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 6 cups Warm cooked rice
What to Do
- Sprinkle turkey evenly with salt and lemon-pepper. Place turkey breast halves meaty sides down in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour; reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook 5 hours, or until turkey is tender. Remove turkey from slow cooker, reserving juices in slow cooker; set turkey aside, and keep warm.
- Combine flour and water in a medium saucepan, stirring with a whisk until well blended; gradually stir in reserved juices from slow cooker. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve gravy over turkey with warm cooked rice.
We suggest having the butcher cut the turkey breast in half to ensure even cooking.