Creamy Chicken and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For those days when there's a lot to do and little time to do it, recipes like this Creamy Chicken and Rice are great. Your slow cooker does all the work, while you go about doing whatever it is you need to do. Come dinnertime your house will smell darn good and you'll have something tasty to eat!
What You'll Need
- 1 (6-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice mix
- 10 chicken drumsticks (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Remove seasoning mix packet from rice package; sprinkle chicken with 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoning mix.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat oil; add chicken and cook 7 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally.
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine rice, remaining seasoning mix, water, cream of chicken soup, wine, salt, and pepper; top with chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 3-1/2 hours, or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink. Serve chicken over rice.
Test Kitchen Tips
- If you loved this Creamy Chicken and Rice recipe, check out our collection of 15 Simple Chicken Drumstick Recipes. Plus, you'll love our collection of Top 10 Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes.
- All-in-one rice dishes like this one are great for busy days. For a beefy variation, check out our recipe for Beefed-Up Spanish Rice.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Heading to a picnic? Download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 437
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 5.0g 25 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 30g 60 %
- Cholesterol 139mg 46 %
- Sodium 1,174mg 49 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 1.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.