Braised Chicken Thighs Dinner
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We like the diversity of this slow cooker dinner. First, because Braised Chicken Thighs Dinner is a change from roast. Second, because it uses chicken thighs. They have so much more flavor than breasts.
What You'll Need:
- 1 onion, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 new potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (See Note)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bone-in, skinned chicken thighs (1-1/2 to 1-3/4 pounds)
What To Do:
Coat a 6-quart round slow cooker with cooking spray. Add onion then top with potatoes and carrots.
In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, the broth, wine, garlic, and thyme. Pour broth mixture over vegetables. Combine paprika, remaining salt, and remaining pepper; rub evenly over chicken thighs, and arrange over vegetables.
Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour; reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook 6 hours, or until chicken and vegetables are cooked through and tender.
- Feel free to substitute an extra 1/4 cup chicken broth in place of the wine, if you prefer.
- For a little extra flavor, leave the skin on!
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Piece-by-Piece: 20 Easy Chicken Recipes for Drumsticks, Thighs & More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.