Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't be surprised if your next-door neighbors come knocking on the door after getting a whiff of your Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast. The smell of this tender beef roast cooking up in your slow cooker all day is enough to get everyone rushing to your dinner table!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chuck roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
What To Do:
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper on all sides. In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil; brown roast on all sides.
- Place onions in a slow cooker; place roast over onions.
- In a medium bowl, mix tomato paste, 1/4 cup water, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, and garlic; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 6 to 7 hours or on LOW 8 to 10 hours, or until meat is very tender. Remove meat to a platter; cover and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining water into flour until smooth. Whisk flour mixture into onions and sauce in slow cooker until thickened. Serve onion gravy over roast.
Mashed potatoes are the perfect compliment to this mouth-watering roast with all its lovely gravy!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for a one-pot Classic Chicken Fricassee will make you feel good through and through. It's made to taste just like the kind you grew up eating, featuring yummy veggies like celery, onion, carrots, and mushrooms. We love it over curly noodles!