Slow Cooker Fajitas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 9 Min
- COOK TIME
- 7 Hr 30 Min
Say hello to your new favorite dish because these Slow Cooker Fajitas are sure to be it! Hands off and yum, yum, yummy, these fajitas are garlicky, flavorful, cheesy, and everything we love in a meal!
What You'll Need:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds lean flank steak, cut into 6 pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
What To Do:
- Layer first 4 ingredients in a 5-quart electric slow cooker. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning. Top with flank steak; sprinkle with salt and remaining 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning. Spoon drained tomatoes and green chilies over steak.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour; reduce heat to LOW, and cook 6-1/2 more hours.
- Remove meat, and shred with a fork. Combine shredded meat with vegetable mixture in slow cooker.
- Wrap tortillas in wax paper; microwave at HIGH 30 seconds. Spoon steak and vegetable mixture over warm tortillas; wrap or fold tortillas around mixture. Serve with cheese and sour cream.
- Make this a freezer-friendly recipe: Follow steps 1-3 above. Allow the shredded meat and vegetable mixture to cool, and then spoon mixture into a freezer-friendly container or baggie. Place in freezer. When ready to eat, place the frozen entree into fridge to thaw for 24 hours in advance. Then reheat, serve with warm tortillas and toppings, and enjoy!
- Wanna know our secret for keeping our fajitas together? Simply dab a bit of sour cream on the edges of the wrapped tortilla, and you have a nice little 'seal.'
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!