Pork with Apples and Bacon
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Calling all bacon lovers! This recipe is for you. You'll be slow cookin' up a storm when you make our Pork with Apples and Bacon tonight. This hot and hearty dish has the right amount of sweetness with a touch of saltiness that we know you're gonna love!
What You'll Need
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (3-pound) pork butt or pork shoulder
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- 2 apples, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
What to Do
- In a large skillet over meduim heat, cook bacon until crisp; remove and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside. Add pork to hot drippings and cook about 7 minutes, turning occasionally until browned on all sides.
- Coat a 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine crumbled bacon, onions, apples, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in slow cooker; place pork on top of mixture. Pour broth and vinegar over pork.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or until pork is tender.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The "butter tart" is considered one of Canada's quintessential desserts, and with good reason! All it takes is just one bite to understand what makes these so special. The pastry is super flaky, the filling is butter-rich, and together...they're amazing! Our recipe for Canada Tarts is one you'll want to add to your recipe box!