Butter Bean and Ham Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna get everyone's attention? Top each bowlful of this with crispy homemade croutons. And to be real Southern, make croutons with cubes of leftover corn bread that you toss with butter and toast in the oven. Oh, what a classic!
What You'll Need:
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen butter beans, thawed (see Note)
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 (8¼-ounce) can sliced carrots, drained
- 1/2 pound cooked ham, diced (see Note)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes to allow flavors to marry and soup to thicken.
Sure, you can use two 16-ounce cans of butter beans in place of the frozen ones. And, for the ham, use leftovers or get 1/2 pound thick-cut ham from the deli and dice that up. Go with whatever you've got on hand.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 42
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2g 3 %
- Saturated Fat 0.5g 2 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.4g 11 %
- Cholesterol 21mg 7 %
- Sodium 327mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0g 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 0.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Mom's Go-To Weeknight Goulash is super easy and budget-friendly, making it a great weeknight dinner recipe! This family-friendly dinner is made with ground beef, elbow macaroni, a couple of veggies and your family's favorite spaghetti sauce. Everything cooks together in one skillet, and, right before it's served, it's topped with some yummy cheese. The results are delicious!