Escarole and Meatball Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're thinking about serving up a full course meal to company, then you've got to add our Escarole and Meatball Soup to the menu! This flavorful soup is full of color and flavor. It's an easy soup recipe that looks like it was made for special occasions.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh escarole or spinach
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tiny shell pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, water, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well then form into 1/2-inch meatballs.
- In a soup pot, combine the chicken broth, escarole, carrots, meatballs, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Add pasta (see Note), increase heat to medium, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve.
If you're making this in advance, add the pasta while reheating so it doesn't absorb all the broth.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 161
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9g 12 %
- Saturated Fat 3.1g 16 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 12g 23 %
- Cholesterol 29mg 10 %
- Sodium 1,298mg 54 %
- Total Carbohydrates 11g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 4 %
- Sugars 1.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy recipe is sure to become a family-favorite! Our Beef 'n' Broccoli Noodle Toss is an Asian-inspired dish that starts with budget-friendly ramen noodles. Whip it up for a quick weeknight dinner that's sure to please everyone!