Fresh Tomato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Say bye-bye to canned tomato soups because after you take one bite of this Fresh Tomato Soup, there's no going back! The delicious taste of tomato soup that always throws you back to childhood is here in new and improved form! Soup's on- get it while it's hot!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups peeled, diced ripe tomato
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup dry white wine or no-salt-added chicken broth
What to Do
- Combine tomato and butter in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Process mixture in container of an electric blender until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Add flour, salt, and pepper; process until blended.
- Return mixture to saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add half-and-half; cook until slightly thickened, stirring often. Stir in wine, and bring just to a boil.
You'll want to use fresh-from-the-vine tomatoes in this refreshing soup. Once they're picked, tomatoes start to lose flavor, especially if you store them in the fridge. Keep 'em on the counter and use 'em soon or lose 'em!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Rice isn't only for serving as a side dish or throwing at weddings! It's also a main ingredient in this to-die-for dessert. Our Baked Custard Rice Pudding is a traditional, custard-style pudding that can be served hot or chilled - either way it's so tasty!