Oyster Brie Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Oysters are a lively staple of the South. Well, just look on any restaurant menu from Charleston, South Carolina to Norfolk, Virginia, and you'll probably find some version of oyster soup or bisque.
What You'll Need
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 pound brie, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 (8-ounce each) containers shucked fresh oysters, rinsed and drained (see Note)
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the onion, celery, flour, and cayenne pepper.
- In a soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat and add the onion mixture; sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the brie has melted and the oysters are firm and cooked through, stirring frequently.
Remember to rinse the oysters well to remove any sand particles. And if the oysters happen to be large, cut them in half before adding them to the soup.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!