Easy Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A hearty soup always hits the spot, and our Easy Potato Soup is no exception! You can make it your own by adding whatever veggies you like, so it's versatile, too!
What You'll Need:
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) butter
- 1 1/2 cups diced onions
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 or 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Instant potato flakes or buds (optional)
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Saut the onions until golden. Add the potatoes, carrots, water, salt, pepper, and dillweed.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 25 to 30 minutes (or longer if you want the potatoes creamy). Stir in the milk and parsley and heat until hot.
- If you want a thicker soup, stir in some instant potato flakes or buds during the last few minutes of cooking.
Want even more potato soup variations? Check out our collection of Creamy Potato Soup Recipes: 7 Cozy Recipes for Potato Soup.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
At first glance, you might think this is a rice dish, but it's actually a pasta side dish! Ya see, orzo is a small, rice-shaped pasta, that's often used interchangeably with rice. In our recipe for Orzo Mushroom Toss, we used orzo for its nuttier flavor, which goes great with the fresh mushrooms!