Easy Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A hearty soup always hits the spot, and our Easy Potato Soup is no exception! You can make it your own by adding whatever veggies you like, so it's versatile, too!
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) butter
- 1 1/2 cups diced onions
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 or 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Instant potato flakes or buds (optional)
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Saut the onions until golden. Add the potatoes, carrots, water, salt, pepper, and dillweed.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 25 to 30 minutes (or longer if you want the potatoes creamy). Stir in the milk and parsley and heat until hot.
- If you want a thicker soup, stir in some instant potato flakes or buds during the last few minutes of cooking.
Want even more potato soup variations? Check out our collection of Creamy Potato Soup Recipes: 7 Cozy Recipes for Potato Soup.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!