Easy Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A hearty soup always hits the spot, and our Easy Potato Soup is no exception! You can make it your own by adding whatever veggies you like, so it's versatile, too!
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) butter
- 1 1/2 cups diced onions
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 or 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Instant potato flakes or buds (optional)
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Saut the onions until golden. Add the potatoes, carrots, water, salt, pepper, and dillweed.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 25 to 30 minutes (or longer if you want the potatoes creamy). Stir in the milk and parsley and heat until hot.
- If you want a thicker soup, stir in some instant potato flakes or buds during the last few minutes of cooking.
Want even more potato soup variations? Check out our collection of Creamy Potato Soup Recipes: 7 Cozy Recipes for Potato Soup.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set out your favorite dipping sauces and grab a pair of chopsticks 'cause no one is going to want to miss out on these Imperial Pork Pot Stickers. Pot stickers are kind of like Chinese dumplings that are filled with great Asian flavors. You might want to make a few batches!