Tuna Melt Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Most of us are pros at doing more than one thing at a time, like eating lunch while working at the computer or watching TV. Well, no more messes 'cause now we can enjoy the taste of an old-time favorite, tuna melt, spoonful after creamy spoonful. It's simple, so serve it up in a mug and enjoy. Just be careful not to drip on the keyboard or remote control!
What You'll Need
- 2 (10¾-ounce) cans condensed cream of celery soup
- 5 cups milk
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine the soup, milk, and tuna over medium heat; mix well.
- Add 2-1/2 cups cheese and the pepper; mix well and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is melted, stirring frequently.
- Just before serving, sprinkle each bowl with cheese.
To fancy this up, serve the soup in bread bowls made by cutting a circle out of the center of kaiser rolls. Then cut the circles into crouton-sized pieces for topping the soup.