Fruity Cornish Hens
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Forget serving ordinary baked chicken tonight. We want something new and exciting for dinner. So how 'bout bringing some colorful fruit flavor to the table? And when it's a fruity glaze over fancy Cornish game hens, it's a five-star meal. . .fast, fast, fast.
What You'll Need
- 2 Cornish hens, each cut in half
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (15¼-ounce) can fruit cocktail in heavy syrup, drained with syrup reserved
- 1 (10½-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What to Do
- Season the Cornish hens with the sugar and ground red pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the Cornish hens breast side down to the skillet and brown for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the hens over and add the reserved fruit cocktail syrup and the chicken broth. Cover and cook for 18 minutes. Uncover and add the fruit cocktail, marmalade, and cornstarch; mix well. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and no pink remains in the hens.
This meal wouldn't be complete without a steaming bowl of wild rice. . .and it's nice sprinkled with slivered almonds.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.