My Own Turkey Sausage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sausage you can make yourself? Well, why not? It's so easy! And since you control exactly what goes into it, you'll be able to watch the fat content while giving it exactly the tastes you want.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
What to Do
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl; mix well. Form the mixture into equal-sized patties.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Place the patties in the skillet and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until no pink remains in the center.
Serve on buns with lettuce and tomatoes, or with lightly sautéed onions for that "I can't believe I made it myself!" sausage flavor.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.